Tuesday, December 15, 2009

"And Mom and Dad can hardly wait for school to start again..."

"Is that true, Mom?" asked my son when that song was on the radio a couple of days ago.

"Ask me in a couple of weeks and I'll let you know," was my response.

What is it that makes kids so excited to get out of school for two weeks. Correct that, kindergartners. I mean, it's not like kindergarten isn't big fun time, and my son tells everyone how much he loves it. So why the rush to be out of school? Do they read it from the teachers' faces or the kids who have big brothers and sisters? Why the rush?

It seems like they are out an eternity from school these days. Not just the 23rd or 24th, but the whole week before and after Christmas. It's enough time to enjoy time with family AND friends. I feel a little relieved myself. That is, until my kids start fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment