Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Good technology

Yesterday, since I bagged school technology, I am going to comment on a technology I think is amazing: Artsonia. Artsonia is a site that publishes kids art for parents, grandparents, whomever to review. I can only imagine the monumental task of scanning in all of the creations, but it's really great to see what they are making and be able to share it with people anywhere. It's highly secure, and you have to approve all comments before they are posted. My son loves seeing his artwork online and reading comments.

Of course, you can purchase all sorts of products with your kid's art emblazoned upon it at a small fee, but your school gets a portion of the sales. I have yet to purchase, but am considering buying a few sketchbooks for him for Christmas. He loves seeing his work, so I think that could be a really fun way for him to continue to develop his skills.

Put me down as a fan of Artsonia.

No comments:

Post a Comment