Monday, October 5, 2009

Letters to Teacher: Again

Here I go again, pestering the teacher. This time, it's a discipline question. At the root is the same old "What are you doing over there" issue I complain about daily.

My son came home from school both Thursday and Friday of last week with reports of being in trouble-- in the new lingo, this is called "having to sit down." In both instances, my typically very sweet son reported picking on other kids and kind of being rowdy during the popular Center Time. He loves center time, at least I thought he did, so I was surprised.

Naturally, I'm concerned. Not so much about the incidents reported-- and don't get me wrong, I'm thrilled that he reported them!-- but about the change in my little guy. I don't think of it as being in his nature to be distracting or disobedient, so I'm surprised at reports of his causing enough problems to be sitting down. Is he bored? Is he in with the wrong crowd? What's up?

So, I wrote the teacher again. I'm sure I'm on her list of people she's thrilled to hear from so regularly. She probably has a rule set up in her inbox with a folder marked "Problem Parents." I'm hoping it's a more generic folder name, and not one specifically made for me.

What would you do? Would you email the teacher to find out more, or just let it lie and wait for the parole officer to come knocking? Advice, please!

No comments:

Post a Comment