Friday, October 2, 2009

Just when you think you've got it...

Got my son all ready for school this morning. Reviewed the new weekly schedule white board to confirm: PE day. Then my son says that yesterday was Art. No it wasn't, it was music, I said. The calendar says so.

"No mom, we skipped a day on apple day. So it's art."

Great. Just when I felt secure in my happy world of white-board organization, I come to find out that the schedule can be *gulp* changed.

How does one ever keep up? On top of missed days for illness, four short or off days this month, and now the risk of ever-changing special days, will I ever be sure again? The 3 day cycle is the one bridge I have to understanding a part of what is going on over there all day. Now it's questionable too. Once a trust is betrayed, as mine has been, it is not easily rebuilt. I guess we'll wing it, like last month when we had no lunch calendar. So much communication sent home, so little information absorbed.

No comments:

Post a Comment